Blog 1-expectation

     I have been to Italy once a few years ago. I was in Sicily which I found to be very different from American culture. Since that is my only reference, I would expect the culture to be similar here, however, I could be wrong. In general I found that people were much more social than in the United States. When people heard me speaking English they would come up to me constantly asking where I was from and what I was doing there. I have never been abroad so long in my life as I will be in Cagliari. I think it will be somewhat difficult to spend so much time in a place and not speak the language, although I also expect that most people in Cagliari will speak English. I am not sure about the other smaller towns that we will visit. I hope I will be able to make friends with the Italian student who go to the University. I think that speaking with locals will be the best way to immerse myself in the culture here. I also look forward to trying dishes that are specific to the region. I am open to trying every experience I can to learn the most about Sardinia as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6- Sinis & Bosa

Blog 2: First Impression