BLOG 7 - Barbagia & Ogliatra

 This weekend trip started with all you can eat sushi. It was delicious. Although I love Italian food, I am getting tired of it. I miss spicy foods and foods with seasoning. Having the sushi was really nice. Then we took a bus into the mountain. It was a beautiful ride up through the mountains where I could look down on the valley. When we got out I immediately smelled the mountain air and I was so excited for the next few days. We started our hike down to Gorropu Canyon. On the way down we saw cows and huts where shepherds used to live. We finally got down into the canyon and it was amazing. The walls were so high on either side of me and it made me dizzy. We got to see a climbing route where Alex Honnold recently climbed.  We were brought out of the canyon by jeeps. It felt like the ending of naked and afraid when the survivors finally get to their "extraction point" and hot into a jeep to be driven out of the wilderness. Then we exited the canyon and headed to the next hotel we were staying at. 

The next day we went on a boat ride the entire day. We went from beach to beach and it was amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of my time here in Sardinia. All of the beaches could only be accessed by an intense hike or a boat. I swam, ate, and relaxed all day. I didn't even get sunburnt which surprised me! At one point in the boat trip we entered a cove where a shipwreck happened in the 1960s. We got to put on goggles to see the ship. Although tragic, it was something I'll never forget. The ocean floor was so far below us, and you could see the parts of the ship that were still there. Even though the bottom was probably 100 feet down, we could see it so clearly because of the crystal clear water along the coast. There were schools of fish swimming around. I dove down and swam with them. After that we headed back to Cagliari. Here are some pictures from the weekend:











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6- Sinis & Bosa

Blog 1-expectation

Blog 2: First Impression