Blog 4- Carloforte

 This weekend was our first weekend away from Cagliari and it was so much fun. We were picked up by land rovers and first driven to an old mine. We explored the mines which are very extensive. I was a little worried to go inside of them because I am scared of small spaces underground. Then, we went to the sand dunes and beach. It is probably the most beautiful beach I have been to in my life. We had a delicious lunch on the beach and went in the water. After that we drove to the place we would stay for the night. It was a hotel/farm which was so much fun. There were chickens running around and I got to pet a goat! Then we made pasta and had my favorite dinner yet. It was a huge dinner with many courses. We got to eat the pasta we made which was delicious. To finish the night we went to the top of the hill and watched the stars.

The next day we left the hotel and went to a cave in the mountains. It was so cool to see the natural pool that formed inside of the cave. Next we went back in our land rovers and drove to a different beach. The views from the cliffs were amazing. I wish we could have swam in the water there. We had lunch at a restaurant by the beach. It was a large meal with many courses. Most of the courses were fish which I love. My favorite food was the linguine seafood pasta. I could eat that meal forever. Before heading to the ferry to Carloforte, we stopped at a beach. Some people swam, but I relaxed on the sand. We boarded the ferry to Carloforte. It is a small island off the coast of Sardegna. We got ready for dinner and watched the sunset by the cliffs. It was so beautiful. If I lived there I would watch the sunset there every night. The dinner afterwards was also amazing. It was mostly all tuna which was great for me because I love tuna. Back in Boston I made tuna sandwiches all the time. 

The next day we toured Carloforte then drove to a swimming hole. We hiked through volcanic rock which was beautiful. The swimming hole was very fun. After that we went to a beach. I ate delicious tuna sandwiches and swam a lot. I also relaxed on the beach and listened to music which was so fun. After this it was time to return to Cagliari. My car was sad to say goodbye to our driver, Nicola, who we had gotten to know a little during the weekend. 

Overall this weekend was the most eventful weekend of my life. I had so much fun and ate fantastic food. Here are some pictures from the experience: 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6- Sinis & Bosa

Blog 1-expectation

Blog 2: First Impression